22 July 2009

Setting the scene.

The Last Panel is a place for me to put my comic- and webcomic-related musings and ramblings. 

The name comes from the last panel of a comic, which is, to my mind, the most important - in comic strips it's the panel that contains the punchline, the payoff towards which the preceding panels have been building; in comic books it's the cliffhanger panel that encourages the reader to turn the page and keep reading to see what happens next.

So, The Last Panel is about exploring the craft of making comics, and what keeps me turning the page. My interest is as both a reader and a creator of comics, and this blog will reflect that.

The views contained within are my own, and I don't claim to be any great authority on the art or business of making comics. I can't promise any recipes for success, but will do my best to share some (hopefully interesting) thoughts I have on the subject, and maybe even spark some discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment